Water Purification Technology
The water that we get at the twist of a tap may no longer be safe for consumption in most areas. To make it potable it's mandatory to treat it for impurities such as bacteria, virus, protozoa, cyst, pesticides, lead, VOCs and heavy metals. In the absence of information about the apt treatment and the nature of impurities, people often adopt the most popular and widely accepted remedies available in the market, along with other age old practices that have said to make water more pure and safe to drink. However, water treatment is like any other treatment, you must first know what is wrong with your drinking water before you start treating it.
Understanding and adopting, apt water treatment technology that would proficiently treat the impurities would give you pure and safe water to drink. So if the water being supplied in your locality comes through municipality, a UV purifier would make it potable. But if you have complaints of hard water, then RO should do the trick for you, and just in case you get the water supply alternatively or from both municipality and bore well then RO+UV is the right technology to treat your water for pure drinking and usage.
This technology uses ultra violet rays to boil and purify the water. The water thus derived is safe and made free from all disease-causing micro organisms. The water treated by UV technology has all the benefits of boiling water for 20 minutes in less than a minute. Moreover it also rules out the possibility of recontamination, which always exists while cooling and handling, when boiling water manually.
UV technology treats water in 3 stages in 3 stages.
- First being filtration of suspended particles like dust, rust and mud up to 5 microns.
- In the next stage the technology enables itself to absorb organic impurities, foul smell & taste, lead, pesticides and VOCs.
- Later in the third and final stage, the ultra violet rays inactivate bacteria, virus, protozoa including cyst and other disease-causing micro-organisms.
- The entire purification process is natural and free from chemicals and also retains the natural taste of water and all essential minerals required, making the water consumable.
In hard water, there exists problem of excess Total Dissolved Salts (TDS), in addition to physical, chemical and microbiological contaminants. These dissolved salts are found in exceedingly high levels than permissible drinking water limits, which is 500mg per litre. The TDS contents vary from calcium, magnesium, arsenic, iron, mercury, lead, fluoride and nitrates, whose excess can lead to harmful impacts and ailments to various body functions and parts.
To effectively reduce the hardness/TDS from water supplied in your locality, the technology that would suit you best is RO. Here's what it does to your water to make it potable:
- It reduces the high levels of TDS to the permissible drinking water limits (500 mg/ltr)
- It makes water free from physical, chemical and disease causing microbial contaminants.
- And it improves the taste of water making it sweet tasting.
- The RO technology uses Reverse Osmosis for water purification, where in water is passed at a high pressure through a thin film composite membrane which rejects about 90% of high salts, chemicals and biological impurities. It also removes all disease-causing micro-organisms and gives you pure and sweet tasting water, so that you and your family stay healthy.